The CosmosID-HUB Microbiome is an online software solution that enables incredibly fast and easily accessible analysis of complex metagenomic data.
The app gives scientists user-friendly access to numerous pipelines developed by CosmosID, including amplicon and shotgun data analysis. In addition to having access to version-controlled, validated pipelines, the software enables continuous splicing of microbiome data for novel discoveries and appreciation of important analyses such as Principle Component Analysis, Alpha Diversity, Beta Diversity as well as significance testing between groups.
This means that you can begin analysing immediately interpreting your data as soon as sequencing is complete, irrespective of how much computational infrastructure you have available to you!
The core benefits of the CosmosID pipeline includes but not limited to:
- Characterize the functional potential of the microbiome community using MetaCyc Pathways, Enzyme Commission (EC), Pfam, CAZy and Go Terms.
- Automated removal of host reads from raw sequencing reads for high microbial biomass specimens.
- Validated and curated databases of microbial genomes to ensure everything in the database passes QC and that there are no chimeric assemblies, misclassifications or other errors!
- Strain-level taxonomic classification with phylogenetic inference of novel organisms meaning you’re not relying on what has only been characterized in public databases. What does this mean? Should we identify a novel strain, we will simply call its nearest neighbour and teach you how to interpret the strain-level statistics we provide!
- Multi-kingdom ID & characterization with one single pipeline: Bacteria, Viruses, Phages, Fungi, Protists, Bacterial MAG’s, AMR genes & Virulence Factors.
- Precision Filters for confidence – CosmosID offers some of the most advanced machine learning filters for differentiating signal from noise, as demonstrated in various third-party challenges, meaning that the results are less impacted by false positives.
- Sample-type agnostic analysis. Whether you’re analysing stool, skin, cheese, wastewater or coral reefs, the CosmosID database is built agnostically to any specific sample type which gives you the flexibility to analyze multiple sample types across multiple projects over time and have the data continuity you need for long-term and continuous R&D!