- Molecular Biology Laboratory Technologist I performs tests using PCR, RT-PCR and qRT-PCR to analyze nucleic acid for quantification and/or detection of microorganisms.
- Molecular Biology Laboratory Technologist I performs DNA and RNA isolations of various sample types including stool, saliva, wastewater, etc.
- Molecular Biology Laboratory Technologist I performs DNA sequencing using Illumina based technology.
- Molecular Biology Laboratory Technologist I performs nucleic acid quantitation of samples.
- Handle incoming samples for accessioning, organizing, storing, and processing
- Processing of samples for PCR testing, which will include isolation of nuceic acid from various sample types, prep for RT-PCR, and running RT-PCR
- Perform pooling of nucleic acid for downstream sequencing, as well as loading sequencing instrument with sample pool
- Perform consumable/control prep in preparation for downstream testing
- Troubleshooting PCR assay
- On-time delivery of client sample testing within quality specifications
- Adhere to quality management system and laboratory SOPs
- Develop or modify SOPs as needed
- Maintain laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related discipline
- Minimum two years of experience in a molecular biology laboratory
Knowledge and Skills
- BLS2 working experience
- Understanding of aseptic technique with focus on pipetting (lab etiquette)
- Sample accessioning, tracking, and storage experience
- Processing samples for nucleic acid isolation
- Experience in CLIA Laboratory setting (preferred)
- Experience with RT-PCR
- Experience with setting up and running laboratory automation equipment (preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Physical stamina as you will often spend hours on your feet performing various tests
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds
Position Type: Full-Time
Compensation is market competitive, and based on the experience and the expertise of the selected candidates. The candidate should have a legal work permit to work in the US. Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com