CosmosID is an innovative Bioinformatics company located in Rockville, MD. Our primary mission is to develop robust software solutions utilizing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) for pathogen identification and microbiome characterization. Currently we are recruiting a Bioinformatics Engineer to support our NGS data processing needs.
The Bioinformatics Engineer will participate in NGS data pipeline development, database management, and data analysis. Primary responsibilities will be to maintain the NGS data pipeline, write tools to assist in data analysis design and administer databases for those data, and participate in the analysis and interpretation of those data.
- Must possess clear communication skills.
- Must possess moderate scientific baseline knowledge.
- Must be able to work well within a small group.
- Strong programming/scripting skills.
- Solid Unix/Linux foundation.
- Ability and initiative to learn and build new pipelines/tools on your own.
- Strong work ethic.
- B. S. (Masters preferred) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Genomics, Genetics, Biology or related field.
- Strong experience developing tools in programming languages such as Perl, Python, C++, Java, R, or Matlab.
- Bioinformatics experience in pipeline development, Next-Generation sequencing data management and analysis, or high-volume biological data management and analysis.
- Familiar with publicly available bioinformatics tools, algorithms and databases.
- Statistical data visualization.
- Experience using version control systems.
Compensation is market competitive, and based on the experience and expertise of the selected candidates. Candidate should have legal work permit in the US.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com.